BLADEHarmony Manager 5.2
Old versionsSee all
IBM BLADEHarmony Manager is a web-based element management system for network operators and system administrators to configure, maintain, and monitor the family of IBM Blade Network Technologies' switches.
Just point and click to configure, monitor, and manage blade switches in a single chassis or across large blade server deployments with BLADEHarmony Manager(US Patent Pending).
Choose BLADEHarmony Manager for:
- Multi-vendor virtual machine network configuration to support secure migration of Virtual Machines (VMs) across the data center.
- Remote monitoring and switch management of IBM BNT blade switch modules.
- Centralized point of administration to improve service delivery while reducing management costs.
- VMready Across the Data Center
- Web-based GUI for simplified device configuration, monitoring and fault management
- Integration with industry-leading Enterprise Management Systems (e.g., IBM Director)
- Customizable reporting of detailed asset, operational and performance information
- Automated and scheduled software downloads, configuration updates/backups, switch reboots, etc.
- Support Virtual Machine migration across a data center in a vendor environment while retaining their network policies configured on VMready switches and port groups in the hypervisors/hosts.
- Centralization of critical network asset information integrates with enterprise security structure while enabling access with minimal risk from mobile clients.
- Easy and cost-effective method to monitor, configure, and maintain switches utilizing COTS technologies.
- Minimal effort insertion into existing management schemas, eliminating fork-lift upgrade or wholesale swap-out of installed managers.
- Global view of all IBM BNT top of rack or embedded switches on your network with simplified asset and fault management.
- Simplifies deployment and ongoing configuration management.
- Detects success or failure of the operation on each managed switch.
BLADEHarmony Manager supports the following IBM devices:
- BNT Layer 2/3 Copper and Fiber Gigabit Ethernet Switch Modules for IBM BladeCenter
- Intelligent Copper Pass-Thru Module for IBM BladeCenter
- BNT Layer 2-7 Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
- BNT 1/10Gb Uplink Ethernet Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter
- IBM BNT Virtual Fabric 10Gb Switch Module for IBM BladeCenter (10-port)
- IBM BNT RackSwitch
- IBM BNT RackSwitch G8000
- IBM BNT RackSwitch G8124
- IBM BNT RackSwitch G8052
- IBM BNT RackSwitch G8264
- Minimum recommended memory: 1 GB
- Minimum hard drive space: 230 MB during installation.
- Recommended screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- Network Port Usage (defaults):
40080 for HTTP
40443 for HTTPs
40999 for RMI Service
162 for SNMP trap reception
514 for syslog reception
Microsoft Windows XP, Server 2003 or Server 2008
Intel 32-bit or 64-bit system Linux:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 with Service Pack 3 for x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 for x86
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 AS and ES for x86 with Update 5
AIX 5L, Version 5, Release 3
Java Virtual Machine (JVM):
Windows & Linux:
1.5.0 or later (no separate installation required as JVM
is installed with BHM)
Java 5 32-bit or 64-bit SDK should be installed on the AIX system